Touton started trading vanilla in the late 19th century. Nowadays, it remains a major player in the natural vanilla market, buying vanilla wholesale, exporting vanilla and linking vanilla producers with vanilla processors. Touton vanilla is sold to customers in the aromatic and perfume industry, as well as the food-processing sector.
Touton offers a variety of vanilla qualities to its customers.
Black vanilla and vanilla TK (from “Touton Quatrième,” later shortened to “T. Quatre” and then abbreviated to “TK” by Chinese processors).
Luxury vanilla with high moisture content, between 30% and 40%. It is chocolate brown to black in color and can have several reddish filaments (for the famous TK type). The vanilla pod is plump and supple, strongly scented and flavorful. This type of vanilla is used mostly in cooking, baking and ice cream.
Red Vanilla U.S. or Red Vanilla Europe (EU):
Depending on its moisture level, whether split or whole this vanilla is drier than Gourmet Vanilla. It is brownish red in color and has a clean, pronounced vanilla scent. Its vanillin content is generally higher than that of its cousin, Gourmet vanilla.
This type of vanilla is mostly used for industrial purposes, either as an extract (in perfumes and aromatics) or directly in the food processing industry (in industrial pastries, ice creams and chocolates).
Vanilla pods that do not meet our high quality standards are collected and called CUTS vanilla or BULK vanilla. These inexpensive types of vanilla are usually used by the extraction industry to enhance their vanilla extracts.
- Vanilla powder: Made of whole vanilla pods ground into a powder. Particles are uniform in size and the quality is high. Vanilla powder is highly sought after by bakers and artisans. Our powder is cryoground, and then dried with forced air before being sterilized with dry steam.
- Vanilla seeds: Found inside the vanilla pod, vanilla seeds have no aromatic qualities and are generally used in combination with natural vanilla extracts for visual impact (black specks). The seeds are either collected during the extraction phase, then dried and sterilized, or are harvested naturally at the source when the pods are prepared.
Vanilla is delivered in several types of packaging:
- Double wrapped in wax paper for better preservation:
- 18 kg to 25 kg cardboard box
- 5 kg wooden box
- Vacuum packed for optimal preservation:
- 100 g to 5 kg packages